From start to finish, the Hotel Collection candle making process is done by hand: From hand-selecting its fragrance oil blends to bottling, hand-pouring the candles, and working with our product development team to provide you with the most effective scenting technology on the market.
How did we decide on our signature scents?
Hotel Collection was born out of what was initially a singular collection: The Hotel Collection. Since our inception, we have grown our scent collection to include a total of ten fragrances.
How often do we pour new candles?
Anywhere from 1,000-2,500 individual candles are hand-poured each week in our Miami warehouse.
How many candles are poured per batch?
Our weekly pour cycle is determined by demand, however we typically pour 180 Classic 11oz and 24 Deluxe 55oz Candles for each of our 10 signature scents. Discover our entire Scent Collection.
How long is the curing process for candles after you pour them?
There are several components to successfully creating strong scented candles, like the perfect wax to oil ratio, adding in the fragrance oil at the right time, and allowing candles to cure for as long as possible.
The average soy-based candle is cured for at least one week. However, Hotel Collection candles typically cure for two. It takes about 5-6 hours to completely harden a soy-wax candle.
Why do candles need to be cured?
Curing candles impacts the strength of the scent. Allowing candles to cure for an extended period gives the fragrance oil time to spread out and bind to the wax. This process creates a stronger "scent throw".
What is scent throw?
Scent throw is how fragrance experts describe the way a candle carries a scent throughout a room. If a candle can effectively scent a space it will have a stronger scent throw.
Just because a candle smells good in the store when you hover your nose directly above it, does not mean it will hold up when you bring it home and light it for the first time.
Candles have both a "hot throw" and "cold throw", meaning they gives off an aroma when both lit and unlit. The ability for the fragrance of a lit candle to distribute itself in the air is known as its hot throw.
The strength of a scent throw comes down to the quality of ingredients - from the fragrance oil, to wax, and even the wick.
- IFRA compliant, and meet the highest safety standards in the industry
- Non-Toxic, Residue Free and Hypoallergenic
- Safe to be used around pets, children, artwork, and furniture
- 100% Free of all Parabens, Formaldehyde, Color Additives, Synthetic Dyes, or Preservatives
- Vegan, Plant-based Ingredients, Sustainably Sourced Essential Oils, Animal/Cruelty Free
- All our candles are curated using a sustainably sourced soy-blend wax. Once harvested, the soy beans are processed to derive a pure oil that is then created into a wax.
- Vegan candle waxes are natural, renewable and biodegradable. This not only is a healthier and more eco-friendly alternative to paraffin wax, but it is also known to burn slower and cleaner, as well as hold a stronger level of scent, to release a gradual exceptional fragrance throughout a space.
- The wick selection is a critical aspect that determines a candle's quality and lifespan. Prior to pouring the candle wax and fragrance oil into the vessel, the wick is adhered manually to the inside. We use 100% lead-free, flat braided cotton wicks to encourage a slow and consistent burn.
- The size of a vessel determines how long a candle will last. We have several sizes to choose between from 3oz votives to 55oz barrels. Each size Hotel Collection Candle boasts a long burn time.