Don't fret! We've got you covered. Our editor recently spilled a reed diffuser all over her silk button-up blouse. She knew she wasn't the only one out there who has run into this mishap, so she set out to compile a list so anyone can clean up oil spills with ease.
Editor's Go-to Methods:
- Immediately soak your article of clothing in warm water.
- Gently use a rag or paper towel and soap to lift as much oil as you can.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the affected fabric and allow it to sit for at least one hour. For tough stains, allow your clothing to soak for up to 24 hours.
- If baking soda did not work, try spraying the affected area with a vinegar and water solution and gently rub the stain out.
- Double check the stain is removed. Once satisfied, put the clothing in the wash and dryer.